Aug 21, 2010

old friends

I was chatting on IM with a friend yesterday and discovered a long lost connection. In 1999 a really great friend had moved to Japan and I had lost touch with him over the years. This was a person that I had gone to school with since kindergarten and we had hung out all through our early 20’s. But as things changed for both of us, we had lost touch.


During our initial conversation by email my long lost / newly reacquainted friend commented on what a shame it was that we had let so many years go by without taking the time to stay in touch. He was right. We had both been too busy with our ever changing lives to stay in touch.

I felt ashamed. I vow to do what it takes to keep those valuable friendships alive and be a better friend to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment